Written by Dick Scott.
If you are or want to become a marketing blogger there are some alternatives to explore. If you are a newbie i recommend a free blogging platform like blogger or wordpress. There are some differences between them and personally i liked blogger most when i started off but the more i used wordpress the more i liked their professional expression. To test your skills and ambitions with a free blogging platform is okey but remember there are some pitfalls to avoid in the beginning.
1. If you are marketing affiliate links through your blogg it is possible in blogger but not in wordpress free alternative. You will also rank pretty fast with blogger, remember to find a good search prase related to your subject and blog content and use it both in the name of the blogg and in the domain name.
2. If you start to many free blogs with same articles and links blogger will most probably shut one or more of them down. If you have a free blog that get a good ranking it is a good idea to register your own domain name, then you can move it and host your own blogg at for example hostgator.
3. Always save a backup of your blogg, there are a link called export in your blogger back office to use.
4. See your free blogging as a learning period and be prepared to move on to your own domain name and hosting account as soon as you got serious about being a marketing blogger.
5. Find a good article provider if you dont write your own articles, remember to also relate the articles to your interest or that affiliate product you want to offer.
I can assure you that if it is done right blogging are a very effective and almost free marketing technique which will build you a sustainable business. It may take some time but on the other hand it is no time compared to get an offline business up and running.
To Your Success